To apply for a .CH domain name, you have to go through a registrar – a service provider that acts as an intermediary between you and SWITCH. This is where we as 040Hosting step in and provide you a hassle free registration service and a wide range of hosting products to give you the best possible hosting experience.
Requirements for .CH Domain Registration
– Domain name may only contain: Numbers, letters and the hyphen (-)
– Multilingual characters are allowed, see the list provided by SWITCH
– The hyphen is only allowed to be between numbers or letters (not at the start or end of the name nor may it have a hyphen as both its third and fourth characters.)
– The length of the domain should be between 3 and maximum of 63 characters (2 letter domains are only available for cantons)
– No P.O.Box address for registration details
– Everyone is allowed to register the .CH domain.
Want to know if your domain is available please check it with our .ch domain registration checker.
Next to the .CH domain registration we also offer more as 540 other domain extensions which makes 040hosting one of the largest domain extensions suppliers, most clients registering a .CH domain also often choose for the .DE .LU .AT or .EU domains.