EURid is the registry that manages the .eu country code top-level domain. A top-level domain is what comes after the last dot in a website or email address. Examples of other ccTLDs include .de for Germany, .be for Belgium and .fr for France. To apply for a .EU domain name, you have to go through a registrar – a service provider that acts as an intermediary between you and EURid. This is where we as 040Hosting steps in and provide you a hassle free registration service and a wide range of hosting products to give you the best possible hosting experience.
Requirements for .EU Domain Registration
– Domain name may only contain: Numbers, letters and the hyphen (-)
– The hyphen is only allowed to be between numbers or letters (not at the start or end of the name)
– The length of the domain should be between 2 and maximum of 63 characters
– No P.O.Box address for registration details
– Not all .eu domains are available for registration some are reserved by EURid (i.e. political & european services)
– Registrants must be located within the EEA
Want to know if your domain is available please check it with our .eu domain registration checker.
Next to the .eu domain registration we also offer more as 500 other domain extensions which makes 040hosting one of the largest domain extensions suppliers, most clients registering a .EU domain also choose for the .EU and .BE domains or any of our other European domains.