FNIC is the French acronym for “Association Française pour le Nommage Internet en Coopération” (the French Network Information Centre). It is a non-profit association founded in December 1997 by the French National Institute for Research in Computer Sciences and Automation (INRIA) and the French government to manage the French domain namespaces (tLD) (.fr and .re). Since 19 February 2010, AFNIC holds the government delegation as the French Registry for domain names under the .fr TLD (ministerial order of 19 February 2010). Since December 6th 2011, AFNIC operates the ultramarine TLDs: .pm (Saint Pierre & Miquelon), .tf (Terres Australes Antartiques Françaises), .wf (Wallis and Futuna) and .yt (Mayotte). To apply for a .FR domain name, you have to go through a registrar – a service provider that acts as an intermediary between you and AFNIC. This is where we as 040Hosting step in and provide you a hassle free registration service and a wide range of hosting products to give you the best possible hosting experience.
Requirements for .FR Domain Registration
– Domain name may only contain: Numbers, letters and the hyphen (-)
– The hyphen is only allowed to be between numbers or letters (not at the start or end of the name)
– The length of the domain should be between 2 and maximum of 63 characters
– No P.O.Box address for registration details
– Any European individual, company or organization can register a .fr domain, or any of the others managed by AFNIC.
Want to know if your domain is available please check it with our .fr domain registration checker.
Next to the .FR domain registration we also offer more as 500 other domain extensions which makes 040hosting one of the largest domain extensions suppliers, most clients registering a .FR domain also choose for the .EU, .LU and .BE domains.