To apply for a .IT domain name, you have to go through a registrar – a service provider that acts as an intermediary between you and REGISTRO.IT. This is where we as 040Hosting step in and provide you a hassle free registration service and a wide range of hosting products to give you the best possible hosting experience.
Requirements for .IT Domain Registration
– Domain name may only contain: Numbers, letters and the hyphen (-) also charactes mentioned in Appendix F in this document can be used.
– The hyphen is only allowed to be between numbers or letters (not at the start or end of the name)
– the first four characters cannot be the sequence “xn--”
– The length of the domain should be between 3 and maximum of 63 characters
– No P.O.Box address for registration details
– The registration of a domain name in the ccTLD .it is permitted only to persons who have citizenship, residence or a registered office in the countries of the European Economic Area (EEA), the Vatican, the Republic of San Marino, and Switzerland.
– The IT registry needs many details for registration, after ordering we will request this information from you.
Want to know if your domain is available please check it with our .it domain registration checker.
Next to the .IT domain registration we also offer more as 540 other domain extensions which makes 040hosting one of the largest domain extensions suppliers, most clients registering a .IT domain also often choose for the .CH .AT or .EU domains.